Page last modified: 4 June 2021
In line with government guidance I have produced a risk assessment for the hall where our classes are held (please let us know if you would like a copy of it) and the following safety policy which YOU need to READ before attending.
Class Numbers and Socially Distancing Mats:
All classes have been capped to no more than 14 students.
This will enable us to have 2 metres between people, even if everyone attends.
What YOU need to do:
If you are COMING to class, YOU MUST read and adhere to our health and safety precautions which are outlined below.
Stay home if you’re unwell: If you’re feeling unwell, have coronavirus symptoms including a temperature, new or persistent cough, and loss of taste or sense of smell please do not come to class. Let me know if this is the case and I can send you a recording from one of our zoom sessions to practice at home at your leisure.
Prior to your arrival:
- If you CANNOT make a class please let me know in advance.
- Keeping Hands Clean: Do bring your own hand sanitiser and use it prior, during and after the class. Hand sanitiser MAY be provided but I still WANT YOU TO BRING YOUR OWN as this way (i) you have only touched the bottle and (ii) if you have an allergy to alcohol you know the one you have brought is appropriate for your needs.
- Make sure you are a wearing a mask whilst entering and moving around the hall. Wearing a mask whilst on your mat is optional.
- Bring your own equipment. Bring all of your own yoga equipment: a yoga mat, blanket, cushion(s), and a full water bottle. NO EQUIPMENT WILL BE PROVIDED in the hall.
- Arrive 15 minute prior to class starting;
- Social Distancing: If there is a queue outside the hall make sure you follow the social distancing guidance, try to stay away from each other and wear a mask;
- Shoes and extra belongings: Once you have your yoga gear out, place all extra belongings by the side of the wall. Make sure your belongings are at least one metre apart from other people’s belongings;
- Where to place your mat: Once inside spaces will have marked out where your mat should go so as to be appropriately socially distanced.
- Stay on your mat: Once you have placed your mat on the floor please either sit on it or a chair, or lie down and await the session starting.
- Put your mask on and stay on your mat until we ask you to leave.
- Leaving the Space: Please roll up your mat, collect your belongings and leave the space, ideally through the nearest exit.
- Social Distancing: As you leave the space keep the social distancing measures.
Catch coughs and sneezes: Bring your own tissues, remember to catch coughs and sneezes in tissues. Follow Catch it, Bin it, Kill it and avoid touching face, eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands.
Using the WC: If you are using the facilities please make sure you do the following:
- One in and one out
- Hand sanitise your hands
- Spray and wipe any surfaces you touch with spray provided
Clean your equipment and mats: You are encouraged to do this before and after classes. Mats are really easy to do: with a damp cloth with hand sanitiser solution lightly wipe down and leave open to dry before you use it next time.
Contactless payment: All classes must be paid for in advance via web site booking link.
Health Questionnaire and other paperwork: Paperwork must be completed in advance via electronic means.
What I need to do:
- Cleaning the community halls: The spaces will be cleaned prior to our use.
- Socially distancing your mats: Upon arrival I will guide you as to where you need to place your mat and make sure mats are placed 2 metres apart.
- Masks: I will not be wearing a mask as my voice would be muffled but I will wear a mask when not teaching.
- Teaching: teaching will be done solely from the front of the hall and I will be socially distanced from students by at least a metre or more.
- Hands on Adjustments: I have never been much into hands-on adjustments but just so we are clear this will not happen.
- Track and Trace: We already hold records for all of our students as this is part of complying with our public liability and with fire regulations. We will continue to take registers prior to a class and make sure we have all contact details.
- In the event of another lockdown: We will notify you as soon as we know, and classes will return to zoom.
- Thanks for reading this far ♥ ♥ ♥